To add product categories to your shop you will have to follow the below quick and easy steps:
- Go to: Products >> Categories
- Fill in the name of the categories you want to add (one by one) and click on 'Create Category'
- Click on the 3 action dots next to the category you just added. And click on "View Products".
- Click 'add' to add that specific product to that specific category
Another way to add products to a specific category is to go to Products >> Manage Products >> click on a specific products and scroll down to the category section. Add the category you would like there and click 'Add'.
To show show these categories in your shop, make sure you add menu items for the specific categories. Below you will find how to do this:
- Go to: Site Design >> Menu
- Click 'Add a new menu item'
- Add the menu name, select what menu item it belongs to (shop)
- Select for this menu item to link to: link to a category
- Choose the right category, according to the menu name you gave it
- Select if you want this to be opened in the same tab or a new tab
- Click 'Save'
After you have clicked save you will see a dropdown menu item has been added underneath Shop for your category: