Since your product data is already stored on your website, the only thing left to do is to feed that data to Google.
That data is sent to Google in a format known as a Product Feed. That’s where Google Merchant Center comes into play.
Step 1 - Locate your Product Feed URL
- In your Shopstar admin area, go to Sales Channels > Product Feeds
- You will see a section on the page called "GOOGLE MERCHANT CENTER"
- Copy your feed URL, which will look like this: https://example.co.za/facebook_xml_feed
Step 2 - Upload your Feed to Facebook
- Sign Up / Login to Google Merchant Center
- Add your website (https://www.example.co.za) to Google Merchant Center
- Verify the ownership of the domain name (Google Analytics or other methods provided) use the meta tag option during verification and insert the meta tag into the settings area
- Navigate to 'Products' on the left menu, and click on 'Feeds'.
- Under 'Primary Feeds', click on the + icon to add a new feed.
- Fill out the basic information under 'basic Information' section and click 'Continue'.
- Give your feed a name, such as 'Shopstar Products' or 'My Products'
- When selecting the TYPE of feed, select 'Scheduled Fetch' and click 'Continue'.
- Under file name, give it a name such as 'My Feed'. You can leave the Frequency, time and timezone as they are.
- In the 'FILE URL' field, provide your feed URL from above. There is no username/password.