The Automatic Currency Switcher that is available on Shopstar by default is an excellent opportunity for store owners to capitalise on their international traffic with the ability to sell to customers all over the globe and to maintain an online store properly.
This feature will automatically detect where a customer is visiting your store from and display their local currency by default. Their currency will be displayed throughout your shopfront and checkout.
The following countries and currencies are supported:
US Dollar ($ USD) - United States
Rand (R ZAR) - South Africa
Euro (€ EUR) - Europe
Pound (£ GBP) - Great Britain
Australian Dollar (AUD) - Australia
Emirati Dirham (AED) - United Arab Emirates
If you would like to request a currency be added, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This feature is only available to stores who use a base currency of ZAR.
- Payment will still take place in the base currency for the store (normally ZAR).
- The automatic currency switcher is only available for online shops, not marketplaces (yet).
- We perform daily updates from our foreign exchange partner.
- Foreign exchange rates are known to fluctuate. This is why we take payments in ZAR, so that any large fluctuations do not impact your order totals.
- You can disable this function by visiting "Settings" in the left menu, and clicking on "General". On the first tab, scroll down to where you see options for store currency.