Under Site Design you can set up the way your shop will look and how your products will display:
- Shop Design
- Content Pages
- Edit Static Words
- SEO Redirects
1 Shop Design:
Within the shop design section you will be able to add the following items:
- Branding: Add your logo & a background image if you would like & upload a Favicon for your shop
- Styling: This is where you style your shop with colors, fonts, font sizes and the width of your shop (to be able to see the changes you are making, clear your browsing history often & refresh)
- General Layout: Choose your shop's layout, the header, body and footer + add any footer content if you would like
- Product Pages: Choose the layout for your product pages
- Checkout: If you have any special instructions for your customers on check-out you can add it here
- Choose a design: You can choose a shop design presets
- Custom CSS: If you have experience in custom CSS you can add this here to style your shop even more
Creating a menu is easy. You can add new menu items in this section and arrange them in the order you would like. If you want your menu item to link to a specific page, you can do this here as well. Click on edit and fill in the following sections:
- What menu item does this belong to?
- What should this menu item link to?
- Choose a page to link to
- Open this link in the same tab / new tab
3 Content pages:
Your shop will have a few content pages when you start, but you can add as many content pages as you like, or remove ones you don't need. We recommend to have the Homepage, Shop page and a Contact page as the bear minimum. Add an About section, or perhaps even a catalogue or link through to a blog if necessary. Perhaps you feel a FAQ page would be useful for your site, so please feel free to add whatever you think will be required to make shopping easy for your customers.
4 Edit static words:
On your Shopstar shop you will see various static words for buttons and notices, if you want to change those you can do it in this section. You can make them speak a bit more in line with your brand.
5 SEO redirects:
This section is to add redirects to your shop. An example is: if you had a different website previously, on a different URL you can now redirect this URL to your Shopstar shop. This means, when your customers go to your "old" URL they will be redirected to your new Shopstar shop.